Friday, October 15, 2010

Scene of the Crime

For those that recall the Fantasy Football Draft fueling fiasco from several weeks back, I'll be returning to the scene of the crime for the weekend and hanging with the same bunch of folks, plus some extras that I haven't seen in at least 20 years.  As much of a gastrointestinal assault as that weekend was, this weekend promises to step it up a notch, since the distraction of Football won't be standing in the way of drinking/eating.  As luck would have it, this weekend also marks the longest run of my training, 23 miles.  Despite the success I had on Draft weekend with running after throwing a grenade on my liver, that was only 6 miles.  This time it's a different story.

I've switched up my weekend and plan to run the long run early Saturday morning, then mainline some ibuprofen and Accelerade while chilling my parts in an ice bath, then head straight to the debauchery.  Should make for a hell of a weekend, but on and off the running trails.

For those about to race this weekend .... I salute you.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing like some parts chillin' on ice.

    Good luck with the 23 and the debauchery. Like that rhyme? Being injured has made me very witty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a successful long run!! have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for 23 & ice.

    Colts or skins? Just need to know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well ya know what they say about all work and no play.... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a long way to the top if you wanna Rock & Roll

    ReplyDelete