Monday, March 7, 2011

Benign is Divine

That sound you hear is me exhaling after holding my breath for 5 days.
Got the call from my endocrinologist today letting me know that the tumor on my thyroid is non-cancerous.  This means yearly monitoring to see what’s going on in my neck, but that beats the heck out of the alternatives.  Still wondering why I have this little critter growing inside me, but in following the theme of the blog I’m choosing to believe I’m rapidly evolving.  No doubt this mutation will soon reveal some sort of X-Men superpower which I’ll put to use to fight crime and rid the world of villany.  I’ve already got the running tights, so it’s all finally coming together.

I am humbled and deeply moved by the comments I received when posting about this last week.  The fact that so many people who I know mainly through exchanges of blog posts, comments, and the occasional email would express such concern and reassurance is truly remarkable.  I started this blog mostly as a way to figure out how to stop falling apart from running, but it has become so much more meaningful than that in terms of what I put into it, and more importantly, what I get out of it.  I thank you all for your support, and it won’t be forgotten when Thyroid Man is protecting you all from the evils of the world.  Ok …. maybe the superhero name still needs a little work.

28 comments:

  1. That is awesome news! And I love that you are developing into a superhero! Do you need a sidekick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. !

    How about Hormone Man?
    HyperThyroid Man?

    Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so relieved to hear this. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the BEST NEWS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is good news. I am sorry you had to worry while waiting for the results. I know how it is. I have a tumor on a kidney. It is there since 2009. I don't know if it is cancer or not. cannot do biopsy on those because it is inside the kidney not ON it. So I get scans every 6 mos to see if this thing grows or not. so far so good. It is a good sign. but every 6 mos I worry for a few days...it is weird to know there is something there that should not be there.. All the best to you Thyroid man??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear this! Can't wait to see which superpower evolves as a result :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear the good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that's really good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! I cannot imagine the stress you must have had for the past 5 days. Can.not.imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful news! i can only imagine what a relief it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made my Tuesday. Great news! Go out and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is Awesome News!!!

    Wonder what kind of super powers you are going to have in the near future... Thyroid Man!

    ReplyDelete
  13. have been thinking of you.

    Thank you for saying it RIGHT in the title.

    awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is great news! I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had full faith in you and the tigerblood you have a-flowin' through your veins.

    Never the less.... phew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to hear this! Big sigh of relief for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great news! I know that feeling all to well.
    Thanks for following!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. NICE!!!!! That's fabulous news : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm just catching up and must say that I'm glad the results are in and that the news is good! As for your superhero name...I go with Mr. T-roid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome news! I'm so relieved for you!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete