Monday, October 31, 2011

Ooh-rah

Survived the MCM.  3:45:25 finish time.  Didn't hit my goal time, but not for lack of trying.  9 minute PR, so no complaints here.  Recap coming soon.  Stomach then quad decided to make it interesting for the last 8 miles.  Stomach was so screwy I couldn't even enjoy my post-race celebration beverage on race day.  However, in the spirit of finishing what I started, I'm 'refueling' properly tonight:

Congrats to all that ran the MCM, and a huge thanks to all the volunteers and spectators on a very chilly Sunday in DC.

Big thank-you to all the support I got and continue to get via twitter, Facebook, etc.  The running community it truly a remarkable support group.  You've all made a great experience even better.

Happy Halloween .... and Cheers!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on an impressive marathon, even if it wasn't your goal, still a great PR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refueling properly INDEED!

    A nine minute PR is pretty darned awesome. You have to be happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a great PR! I can't wait to read a race report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bummed I missed you!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the PR, now let's get a race recap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on your PR! Can;t wait to hear about your race. I was happy with my run but didn't PR, I think in large part due to the packed course. Still, no regrets. I loved it. Hope you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you! And a PR.. That is awesome. Im running next year hope to see ya there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep checking back for a RR. ;)
    Know you are busy. ;)
    Love the PR!!

    ReplyDelete