Friday, May 14, 2010

I Feel the Need ... The Need for Speed

Strangely enough the title above has nothing to do with running.  I mentioned in my last post that I'm working feverishly on the finishing touches for a birthday bash for my wife.  Per her request it's an 80's themed party, complete with 80's music, 80's decorations (lots of John Hughes movie posters - man those movies were all so good), and about 80 gallons of booze.  We rented a dance floor that we setup in our family room (which our dog thinks is the greatest thing ever), and we supplied the DJ with a craptastic song list of our 80s favorites.

My attire for the evening will be full-on 'Top Gun' Maverick gear - flight suit, aviator glasses, loads o' hair gel, and crazy-ass scientology rants ..... maybe I'll skip that last one.  To complete the Top Gun homage, and to step well outside of my comfort zone, I'll be making a toast after a couple hours of dancing (and more importantly drinking) and have arranged with the DJ to re-enact the bar scene from the movie with my vocal stylings on 'You've Lost that Loving Feeling'.  Hopefully the crowd will help me with the chorus, and hopefully my wife will rescue me before I have to hit the second verse.  Should be interesting .... hopefully no crash and burn.  I expect plenty of photographic and video evidence, so I'll try and share some in my next posting.

Thanks to those who posted suggestions on some new running tunes.  To demonstrate my extreme confidence in all input provided by the wise runners who blog, I purchased every suggestion I could find without even listening first, and will give them a spin during my morning run tomorrow.  Couldn't find the David Cook suggestion on iTunes, and the U2 remixes weren't on iTunes either, and I had never heard of them although after a Wikipedia search on them I'm very intrigued.  Will have to see how I can track that disc down.

4 comments:

  1. That is going to be an awesome party!!! I'm sure she'll love the Top Gun look and the homage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're going to have a blast! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pretty much everything U2 has ever done or remixed so I might be able to help you out. Email and let me know what you are looking for(ihaverun@hotmail.com).

    Sounds like an amazing party. What a great husband you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! I wish we were neighbors and I could come!

    ReplyDelete