Crossed the 500 miles of training mark over the weekend, down to less than two weeks to marathon #2, so it seems like time to give some stuff away. Thanks once again to my good friend Devon from Outside PR, we’re going to go BIG with this giveaway.
If you read my recent review of the Ryders Eyewear VTX Sunglasses, you know that I’m a big fan. They’ll be crossing the line in the OBX just slightly behind my nose, but well ahead of my ears, unless I manage some sort of epic finish that they’ll be talking about for years. As I mentioned in my review, I’m digging the red pair I’ve got, but have much love for the metallic white VTX frames…..
If you’ve read some of my earlier blog posts, you may recall the unfortunate incident of the Cliff Shot Blocks. In a moment of weakness I opted to stray from my trusted Gu Chomps and try the Shot Bloks, and was rewarded with a mouth full of fail. The grass was decidedly browner on the other side. Gu and I have since made up, and I shall stray no more. In fact, I’d like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony, I’d like to buy the world some Gu, and keep it company. So that’s exactly what I’m going to do…..
The winner of today’s giveaway will score him/herself a shiny new pair of White Mettalic Ryders Eyewear VTX Sunglasses:
AND, a GU Performance Energy Sampler, which includes:
- 9 GU Energy Gels - includes each flavor of the workhorse of endurance nutrition
- 3 Roctane Gels - when you really need to dig deep on that long training run, ride or race
- 2 Chomps Packets - mix things up a bit with this delicious and chewable form of energy
- 2 GU Electrolyte Brew Packets - a great tasting, balanced electrolyte mix to improve hydration
- 1 GU Recovery Brew Packet - use after workouts to recover faster and perform better the next time out
And looks a little something like this:
But wait….there’s more. To really go big, I’m going to award TWO lucky winners with a Ryders/Gu combination pack to help kick up their workouts. Somewhere out there Billy Mays is nodding approvingly.
|Still the King|
I’ll take entries up until midnight on 11/14, the day of the Outer Banks Marathon, and will walk gingerly to my computer on the 15th in an ibuprofen-induced haze to select the two lucky winners via Random.org.
You’ve got 6 different ways to enter, so leave a separate comment for each to serve as your virtual entries. I hope the winners like these products as much as I do. GOOD LUCK!!
How to Enter (6 entries possible – separate comment for each):
- Become a follower of my blog, or let me know that you already are a follower. If my rapier-like wit has distracted you from joining the ranks of the followers, now’s the time to join the revolution. Follow me to freedom.
- Link to this giveaway on your blog, and leave me a comment letting me know
- Like Gu Energy Labs on Facebook, and leave a comment letting me know
- Leave me a comment with your worst ‘fueling’ experience while training. I’m still emotionally scarred from the cola Shot Bloks. Oh the humanity.
- Follow Ryders Eyewear on Facebook, and leave a comment letting me know
- Leave me a comment about your all-time favorite pair of sunglasses. I still remember my Vuarnet shades from high school. Matched up with some nice acid-washed jeans and maybe a popped collar. So money ... and I didn’t even know it.