Friday, May 13, 2011

Date Night aka Seafood Coma

This week has been a mixed bag.  Can't seem to get the personal and professional world on the same page.

This week was pretty good on the personal front, highlighted by no more kidney stones, and a successful return to the world of running.  Apparently the week off did a body good.  Got through two runs without any recurrence of the mysterious ankle pain.  Maybe it was ankle stones.  Don't want to think about how exactly those got passed.

On the professional front, this was a rough week.  Our company announced impending layoffs, along with a timeline that takes them all the way through the summer.  Talk about a dark cloud of stress hanging over everyone for days on end.  No fun.  This recession can kiss my arse.

Tonight, however, should be an epic display of my dining prowess.  Tonight is a rare date night with the lovely and talented Mrs. Evolving.  That alone is cause for much rejoicing, but we're talking dinner and a movie, and the dinner is a 'Seafood Extravaganza' with some good friends from the neighborhood.  Words can not express the depths of my love for seafood.  I get a little lightheaded just thinking about it.  I could happily grill a Spongebob-kebab, follow that with a plate of fried Squidward, and still have room for some Patrick bisque.  To pick a favorite from the world of seafood would unnecessarily diminish the glory of any item.  Seafood's dial goes to 11.  Tonight's menu:

I've already apologized in advance to the folks who will be sitting with us for the display they are about to witness.  Apologies also to King Neptune and the Little Mermaid. 

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy the night out!! Sounds amazing.

    And those stars will align once again where personal and professional are near perfect. :) Patience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, now I have, "les poissons, les poissons, hee hee hee, haw haw haw" in my head forever. Curse the little mermaid.

    But dinner looks fab. How on earth will you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could easily eat myself into a coma on that menu. Seafood is the main reason I miss the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the night out with Mrs. E!! And I hope the job cuts don't affect you - so scarey. We just have BIG layoffs at school and I made it by the skin of my teeth but I am certain next year I won't. Time to step up the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rough work week here too. Glad you were able to put it past you with a night out on the town. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I thought about you when I heard about those layoffs. I know all too well what that is like. Wishing you a continual stream of direct deposits.

    If you ever come to S.D. I'll take you to a place that makes the best crab sandwich on the plant. Pt. Loma Seafood.

    Behave at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh seafood! My wife hates it so we don't eat it very often ... that stuff looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, sorry to hear about the work situation.

    I love seafood too. During one visit to The Keys a few years ago, I was determined to have seafood at every meal. Good plan until day three, when I woke up in the middle of the night to a itchy face and swelling throat. Turns out I can't handle conch. Bummer, those fritters were gooooood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live right in the middle of the states...and way too far away from all seafood! So you can only imagine my joy as I visit Boston..and eat wonderful fresh, perfectly fixed, seafood! My wallet is a bit pinched...but it's been worth every penny! =)

    ReplyDelete