You’ve probably seen a few Mizuno Giveaway blog posts in the last few days. Here’s another. I was recently invited to be a founding member of Mizuno's Mezamashii Run Project. Mizuno’s goal for the project (aside from marketing) is to help runners have a more brilliant run, hence the name Mezamashii, meaning "eye opening" or "brilliant" in Japanese. Harnessing the power of real-world experience and social media to spread the work about Mizuno and their products.
I was offered a free pair of their shoes to try, and I took them up on their offer. This is no small step for me since I’ve been running in Asics Gel Nimbus for at least 6 years. I went with the Mizuno Wave Creation 13. I’ve only done one 10-mile run in the shoes, so I’m not yet ready to put together any sort of review. My initial impressions are good. They are decidedly more stiff out of the box than the Asics, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Once I break them in and put them through their paces I’ll put a review together.
In addition to my free pair of shoes, they’ve given me another pair to give away to help another runner find their ‘brilliant’ run. The offer from Mizuno expires fairly soon, so this will be a quick giveaway. I’ll take entries through Noon Eastern on Thursday (7/12), and announce the winner Thursday afternoon. There are multiple ways to enter, each earning an individual entry. You must add an individual comment below for each way you enter … each comment equals and entry and one more chance to win:
- Follow this blog, or let me know that you already do (leave a comment)
- Add a comment below letting me know your current ‘go-to’ shoe, and how long you’ve run in that make/model – curious if others are as overly loyal as me
- Follow me on twitter - @EvolvingThruRun – or let me know you already do (leave a comment)
- Link to this Giveaway from your blog (leave a comment)
- Share with me @EvolvingThruRun and @MizunoUSA in a tweet saying why you want to give Mizunos a try (leave a comment)
- Like the LoveAllTennis page on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/LoveAllTennis). Unrelated to this post - this is a new company my wife is launching, and ‘Likes’ make her very happy (leave a comment)