- Building a playlist with running songs from each of the last 20 years of the 20th century (1980-1999)
- None of the songs in this list can be in any of the existing playlists on my iPod. As much as I love all the blogging runners and running bloggers out there, this list is for me too.
- Mainstream to alternative, well-known to abundantly obscure, anything is a potential candidate
- I’m test-driving anything I post with a listen during at least two training runs
- Trying to link to a video or audio-clip of the song so we can all remember how awesome we looked in our killer 80s and 90s fashions.
‘Ceremony’ by New Order (1981)
‘Look to the Sky’ by the March Violets (1986)
‘Mama Said Knock You Out’ by LL Cool J (1990)
Three Strange Days – School of Fish (1991)
Enter Sandman – Metallica (1991)