Sunday, August 22, 2010

Throwback Training Tunes vol. 6 - 1982 edition

Back to the early 80s with today’s addition to the playlist. Great song by one of my favorite bands.

Building a playlist with running songs from each of the last 20 years of the 20th century (1980-1999): 
  • None of the songs in this list can be in any of the existing playlists on my iPod. As much as I love all the blogging runners and running bloggers out there, this list is for me too.
  • Mainstream to alternative, well-known to abundantly obscure, anything is a potential candidate
  • I’m test-driving anything I post with a listen during at least two training runs
  • Trying to link to a video or audio-clip of the song

Prior Throwbacks:

 
‘Ceremony’ - New Order (1981)
‘Look to the Sky’ - The March Violets (1986)
‘Mama Said Knock You Out’ - LL Cool J (1990)
'Three Strange Days' – School of Fish (1991)
'Enter Sandman' – Metallica (1991)
'Rearviewmirror' – Pearl Jam (1993)
'A Murder of One' - Counting Crows (1993)
'Looking Through Patient Eyes' - PM Dawn (1993)

 
Today’s Throwback:

 

'Don’t Change' – INXS (1982) – I’m a big INXS fan, and have had lots of their songs in and out of playlist rotation while running over the years. Since I’m such a fan, I had to work very hard to separate putting them on my iPod because I like them versus having them there because I consider them good ‘running songs’. In a nice bit of serendipity, it turns out that probably my favorite INXS song of them all also turns out to be a great running song on its own merit. I’ve listened to this song on every run since I started this exercise, and still like it as much as the first time. Definitely gets the blood pumping.

3 comments:

  1. Spent many hours listening to INXS! Thanks for the laugh today : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very first concert ever (back in the day) was INXS on their "Kick" tour. Awesome throwback...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had some amazing comment...but I'm not even sure what song that is!! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete